Saturday, January 4, 2014

Grassroots Movement For My Small Businesses

It has officially been 2014 for four days now. Many of us, have probably already had a hard time keeping our new year resolution and in our small business. Myself and my goal for my writing, my small business, and spending more time with my family is actually coming along pretty good for the moment. Really trying to go after the entrepreneurial spirit that i feel will dominate 2014. Trying to get more of a grassroots movement started for Growth In Recovery. I have come to realize that one of the reasons that I have not had much success thus far in its promotion is because I neglected the most important part of any CrowdFunding Campaign, small business, or marketing development project. I had been focusing on the big picture of promoting my business and purpose on the very large internet, instead of the small more focused picture in the area right around me.

Are you focusing on the grassroots movement that is involved in promoting and building your small business?

One of the main reasons that this topic came to mind was a recent post that I made on Open Forum, a great platform for businesses big and small to communicate, discuss, and critique fellow entrepreneurs/ owners. The post was talking about elements of a great crowdfunding campaign, one of which is to start with friends and family. At the time that I first read that response, I could not think of any way to promote, sell, or even tell a lot of my friends and family about my goal of creating, crafting, and building a small business. I figured they would all think that I was crazy, considering that I live in such a small place that reaction wouldn't have surprised me at all.

So what EXACTLY are you doing to get people at a local level interested, motivated, and donating to your small business and crowd funding project? Here are a couple of things that I am either already doing or am going to do in the near future to help so the seeds of an effective grassroots movement for my small business.

  • Facebook Is Your Friend- When it comes to establishing an effective grassroots movement for your small business, crowd funding campaign, or product you may have more friends interested on Facebook than what you realize. If you have people that sound really stoked and ready to help with your cause that are also Friends, Family, or Acquaintances here consider getting them to like and participate at least in your Facebook Fan Page/ Info page for your purpose. Some may even be willing to contribute a little more time and admin. Either way, it never hurts to attempt to talk to those close to you on here about your idea, it may end up being beneficial in other ways for your small business.
  • Don't Let Twitter Fly By-  Twitter is useful in a different way than Facebook for establishing roots for your cause. Twitter has more users in some areas than others. For example, in my area, I know very few people who actively use Twitter, but are on Facebook all the time. Try to convince the people that you have the best shot with into signing up for Twitter, getting active, and sharing your small business. Or, if they do not feel like doing this, at least see if they will provide a shout out of your Twitter name on pages they admin or in some of their posts.
  • Local Newspapers Are Alive And Well- With the advent of the Internet and all of the social media outlets on it, many people have forgotten that small local newspapers can still be very effective at getting your message across. If you live in an area where the local paper is huge, then your message may get lost, don't worry though because some people were sure to see it. In this case, you may purposely want to find a less popular paper. When you live in a small town with a small newspaper like me though, there are additional uses besides advertising that a newspaper can be used for. For example, our local paper I can pay to advertise and use the advertisements to gather analytics about my project. Run one advertisment for a period of 2-3 weeks and pay attention to the SoundOff (that is a section where local readers call and anonymously voice their opinions) and see what people are saying or if they are curious. Take that info I gather and then apply it to my overall strategy.
Keep in mind, there are a lot more aspects to creating a grassroots movement for your small business than just these three. It is without debate though, if you do not have a good ground game for your business and healthy seeds sewn, then you will not be successful.

What Have You Done So Far Locally With Your Business?

What Do You Plan To Do In The Near Future?

Any Tips To Help Myself or Others Create an Effective Grassroots Movement For Their Small Business?

  Be sure to read, comment, and subscribe to Pariahprose. Help build Growth In Recovery, Pariahprose, and the things for which they both stand.




No comments:

Post a Comment